Saturday, March 3, 2012

Review: Hidden (Women of the Otherworld #10.4) by Kelley Armstrong

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Hiking through the snow, holiday baking and playing board games by the fire – what’s not to love about an old-fashioned family Christmas?

Werewolves Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers want to give their four-year-old twins, Kate and Logan, something their parents never had: a nice, normal holiday. No Pack responsibilities, no homicidal half-demons or power-hungry sorcerers to deal with – just the four of them, alone, at a chalet outside Ontario’s Algonquin Park.

Then a strange werewolf shows up at their door…while the town is buzzing about a young man, back from college, found half-eaten in the woods. And there’s the missing little girl …

With all the signs pointing to a rogue mutt with a taste for human flesh, Elena and Clay have no choice but to investigate. But are they the hunters – or the hunted?
My Thoughts: Before I get into this review, ya'll flat out need to know that I am a huge, huge, huge fan of the Women of the Otherworld series as a whole. Huge. Like, Mega-Shark and Giant Octopus huge. And when I start throwing out random SyFy channel movie references you know that I'm Serious with a capital S.

So, now that we've gotten all those pesky disclaimers out of the way... OMG! BOOK LOVE LIKE WHOA! I simply adore this world. I love Elena and the way she worries that she won't be the Alpha the Pack needs. I love how Clay doesn't want to be in charge. I love the twins. I love the dynamic between the different members of the Pack (Noah and Reese, YAY!) and how they come together so readily when they're needed. I just freaking love too much about this book.

The mystery of what's unfolding is well played out and the twist at the end was one I didn't see coming. (Oh, do I need to disclaim yet again that I'm terrible at deciphering clues? True story.) The bottom line is that I enjoyed the ride from top to bottom. The characters make me swoon, the mystery is engrossing, and the twins are really freaking adorable.

This book was a win on so many levels. And also, I liked the pictures!

Other reviews in this series
Novella 9.5: Angelic
Novella 10.5: Counterfeit Magic
Book 11: Waking the Witch

More books by Kelley Armstrong

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Building your #NakedWerewolfHarem

      (and yes, I am basically just coming up with ways to comment using those hashtags)

      Delete
    2. I have no problem with your gratuitous use of the #NakedWerewolf hashtags.

      Keep 'em comin', bebe!

      Delete
  2. that does sound totally awesome Kelly. its on my TBRpile now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is fantastic and I can't recommend it enough!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of Women's novellas. I will definitely be checking them out. Love Clay, my favorite #nakedwerewolf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having the chance to step back into the world even if it's only for a short time. WotO novellas are full of WIN!

      Delete